February 18, 2010

Studio Reflection

On February 12th, the regional artist, Carrie Ville invited interior design students to her new studio that was located in Colfax. The studio was located a few hundred feet away from her house. Her original studio was located in a basement of the residence however; she was often distracted by house chores. This is the reason why she built her studio away from home. When I first stepped into her studio, my first impression was comforting like I usually felt when I visit a house. All the small art pieces and warm-yellow Halogen lighting had very dramatic effect. Also the windows brought natural light to the space which made studio feel more like home. The work space was limited but, if she makes more shelves, this problem can be solved. The furniture arrangement depending on her work preference pose was very impressing. One of the interesting aspects about this space was, it had several lightings for different tasks. She had halogen track lights to evoke dramatic effects when her clients visited the studio. She also had florescent lights for her art work during night time. I learned that the layout of the studio can vary depending on the artist. For my artist’s studio, I realized that I need to ask specific questions and really understand what process he goes through to create one fine art piece.

No comments: