May 5, 2009

Process Poster: A Room to Read

This project was designing a digital poster in a computer program called Adobe InDesign showing the whole concept development based on other Interior Design classes. The inspiration of the project was architect Frank Lloyd Wright, and his latest work, Guggenheim Museum. This building evokes the natural sensation of a seashell, which I started to sketch for more inspirations. For 2D and 3D concept design, I drew at least 70 sketches for the creative design. In order to come up with the final 3D concept model, I made ten study models.

For the overall layout of the poster, I intended to provide the feeling of nature. By creating a title and left-side bar background by using texture of a seashell, it brought the perception of nature into the poster. Also, the gradient green background evokes the sensation of natural light.

However, I created the wrong emphasis on the poster by adding the picture of the final concept model. The background of the picture which is red grabs your attention immediately, distracting you to focus on the overall poster. I am reconsidering to edit the background or resizing the picture. I did not understand the color is the strong element to create an emphasis to the design. I definitely need to study about color and how they interact in space.

No comments: