September 26, 2009

6years old, Twin brothers Room


Final Presentaion Board :













3D Concept Model :




Room Model :




This was my first time to design a children room. The room was designed for 6 years old twin brothers. The general requirements for this room was, the room must be transitional for later years and accommodates both alone and play space. Also, this room requires the space for sleep, study, TV, storages for toys, book, and clothes.
My inspiration was from a children book, “The Fence” by Jan Balet. In the book, the author uses bright hues such as pink and purple. I decided to use ‘pink’ in boys’ room because I wanted to break the typical notion that ‘boys rooms must be in blue.’ By the different wall paint, the study, play, and bed area are divided. The addition of the stairs and wall plays a role to separate space and provide more storage. In the bedroom, I used pink as wall decoration. In the play area which is in the upper space of the room, the storages and couches are in pink. In the study area, the shelf is in pink contrast with sky-blue wall paint.
Since my client is 6 to 8 years, my presentation board would catch their attention right away. I attached all the little sketches in different heights because kids at this age start differentiating height. I wanted to use bold colors for the children’s room. However, I am scared of using bright and bold hues. I could have painted the wall with dark pink or something else; but, I used pink as an accent color through the room. I need to study relation of colors and be confident about using it next time.

No comments: